Tuesday, April 10, 2007

First training program

I've signed up at BeginnerTriathlete.com and purchased 6 months of a Gold membership. I just selected my first training program based on feedback from one of the BT coaches. This is to get me ready for the Willow Duathlon on May 5th. It is a short sprint Du with a 5K run, 20K run and then another 5K run (3.1mi, 12.4mi, 3.1mi). The training program is really meant to be a 12 week program for a beginner duathlete than seeks to complete the event without trouble. Thing is, the event is less than 4 weeks away so I don't have enough time for the whole program. I am picking up the program at day 58.


Running for these periods of time is not an issue and the bike training is also not an issue. I'm confident that I can complete the event but am just unsure how good my performance will be. At this point in my multisport career, succesfully completing events is my goal. My performance oriented event is this Fall.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: